Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Springfield Holiday Extravaganza!


The talented Harvey Felder!

Hello friends!
I had a simply marvelous time in Springfield MA last weekend.  JnC vocalist Gavin Hope and I were special guests for a very special evening of music celebrating this time of year.  It featured the incredible Springfield Symphony under the gifted and kind baton of guest conductor Harvey Felder, as well as the Springfield Symphony Chorus, under the direction of the gorgeous Nikki Stoia.  I can safely say that we were all carried to a most joyful place!  Yay!!  I was so grateful to be there, and I'm still singing the praises of the team who hosted us.  (Dear SSO Staff...you guys rock!)

Some of the glorious SSO women: Audrey, Karen and Shari.

Oh Santa!  Oh Jules!  Oh Gavin!
The craziest part of the night for me was performing the ever so sultry (and exceptionally greedy) song Santa Baby.  Harvey introduced it as the 'unwholesome' selection for the evening, and I think that was pretty accurate.  I was joined on stage by a large golden throne and Santa himself, who had to pull on his collar a few times, but seemed pretty happy being a ham bone!  Apologies to the first few rows stage right, who I (sigh) may have flashed inadvertantly...I was just REALLY into it! 


It's always wonderful to sing and travel with Gavin Hope.  He is an astonishing musician and wonderful human.  I should also mention that all of the photos in this post were taken by him or with his camera...thanks Gavin!

Looking forward to returning to Springfield in a few months time for a romp through the repertoire of Michael Jackson.  I can't wait to see everyone again. 

Thank you Springfield.  You made us feel so welcome, and we sure hope you enjoyed the show!
Be well.  Love music!
-AK

No comments:

Post a Comment